Sunday, January 23, 2011

SHOPPING!

I got a chance to go out and do some shopping this weekend.  Here's what I got. 




Saturday I went to Walmart, which I almost never do simply because I hate dealing with the crowds and the lack of open registers.  However, my husband needed some spray paint and I figured I should be able to get in and out pretty quickly with only two cans of spray paint, right?  Well, as I was heading to the register to check out, there were several buggies full of clearance items, including the Betty Crocker Frosting shown above.  They were marked down to $.25 ea because of the holiday design on the label!  Now, I didn't take my coupon binder in with me cause I was on a mission to just get the spray paint and get out, but if I had taken it with me, I would have gotten all of these cans of frosting for free because I have several peelies for $.25/1 BC Frosting.  I ended up getting 8 of them anyway because I figured $.25 a can was a pretty good deal even without coupons!


My next stop was Randalls.  Remember the Hallmark cards deal I posted about HERE?  Well, I was finally able to take advantage of the deal myself.  I couldn't find any of the $1.49 cards, so I got the ones that are $1.99.  I ended up doing the deal twice and got 6 cards and 2 bears for less than two bucks!  And by the way, you don't have to buy only Valentines Day cards to get the free bears.  I bought 2 birthday cards and it still worked for me.  This deal is going on, so get on over to Randalls and get your cheap cards and free bears!




Today I hit up Kroger.  The Nabisco Cookies Snak Saks shown above are on sale for $1ea.  Several of the convenience stores have tearpads for $.50/1 Nabisco Snack Saks.  These tearpad coupons will double to $1 at Kroger, making these cookies FREE! 

I also picked up 3 of the Horizons Single Serving Chocolate Milks for FREE.  They didn't survive long enough to make it into the picture though.  My kids drink those things up as quick as I can get 'em in the house!  If you printed the coupon that I posted about HERE, you can still get in on this deal too.  However, the coupon is no longer available to print any longer.



Walgreens was my final stop for today.  Here I took advantage of the Chex Mix sale that I posted about HERE.  I made $7 (after coupons and register rewards) for taking ten bags of Chex Mix off the shelves at Walgreens...yeah baby!  Remember, you have to have the coupon from the "Joy of Football" coupon booklet for this deal to work AND this is a money maker deal for today ONLY.  Today is the last day for the register rewards to print.  After that, they will still be free after coupons, but not a money maker.

So there you have it.  That was my weekend shopping adventures!  Were you able to score any good deals this weekend?  If so, tell us about it in the comments section of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment